Brownian Motion is an immersive short film made to be seen in full dome theaters or planetariums. It was premiered at Immersphere (international fulldome film festival) in Brasilia, where it won the Best Movie Award (Jury award).
Brownian motion is a visual and cosmic journey, that explores how life emerges from automated processes. All animations come from the same noise generation system known as "fractal brownian motion". This abstract journey is meant to be a sensory experience, a visual contemplation.
Veins, ribs, flangs, cells, seems to appear in these abstracts patterns, their movements suggest life growth, evolution, death and rebirth… One could also recognize cosmic shapes in these abstract patterns : aurora borealis, storms, and electric arcs seem to blend with organic shapes.
Director : Benjamin Vedrenne [GLKT]
Music & Sound Design : Théo Harfoush
Brownian motion has been screened in several festivals worldwide:
- Immersphere 2017 (Brasilia, Brasil)
- Immersive Film Festival 2017 (Espinho, Portugal)
- SAT Fest 2018 (Montréal, Canada)
- Imersa Summit 2018 (Colombus, OH, USA)
- Dome Festa - IFSV (Tokyo, Japan)
- 12th Fulldome Festival (Jena, Germany)
- Fulldome Festival Brno (Brno, Czech Republic)
- International Planetarium Society Festival (Toulouse, France)
- CineGlobe Festival (Le CERN, Geneve, Switzerland)
- Macon film festival (Macon, Georgia, USA)
- Burning Man 2018 (IAMAI screenings at Man base)
- Understanding Visual Music 2018 (Buenos Aires, Brazil)
- Domo Lleno festival (Bogota, Colombia)
Brownian Motion won two awards :
- Best Movie award, Jury choice, at Immersphere festival (Brasilia, Brasil)
- Use of Innovative Production Technologies Award, at 12th FullDome festival (Jena, Germany)